Monday, October 20, 2008

News!

Do not get too excited. This is just an update. You know, the things that go on every day, that somehow get forgotten in a conversation. We shall see if I get everything in!

Michael: Growing like a weed, and terribly sassy. He is pre-reading, counting up a storm and bring home homework. He is actually pretty excited about homework, and so far, it has gone really smoothly. Michael is full of questions. Why. How. When. I am amazed at how detailed he get be, and how far he is wanting to take a conversation. We recently talked about instruments. He named all the instruments he liked, then want to know other instruments, what the did and how they sounded. It must have been a funny conversation to hear, with me mimicking how an instruments sounds. Michael is a very enthusiastic reader. And his choice of books is broad. One of his favorite books is still The Body Book, and his favorite section is cells. I admit, I am done with cells, but I go along with his desire to learn.

Henry: AKA, The Bull. Ole Hank has adjusted to school and is a popular lad, just like Michael. He is learning so much, it is hard to keep up. From counting, to singing songs, to spelling his name (he just started this and it is not very good, but he is trying). I am in awe. His teacher thinks he is ready to be potty trained, so I am gearing up for that little adventure. I am not convinced he is ready, but I was not with Michael and I was wrong! One of the fun things in Henry's class that just arrived is Snow White. Snot White is a rat. A white rat. The children love this rat, and take care of it. Henry is also 100% done with bottles. Yes, he still had a bottle at night. He LOVED.... let me repeat. Henry LOVED his bottle. Last week, I was just done. I bought special "milk" sippies for him, and just did not cave. It was gone pretty well. He is not drinking the amount of milk he was, but that is okay.

John: Well, let me start by saying that he has lost 15 pounds! He is still working alot, but is doing a better job about balancing everything.

Me: I am doing alot with the boys school. That takes up more time than I thought. I am also running, and it has gone very well so far. I am at about 2 miles, which is hugh for me. I can not say it is really fun ot run, but did get a bit of the thrill of crossing a finish line last week, when my run was part of a 10K. I was wondering why all these people were around me. I had only gone about .5 mile, when I got to cross the 10K finish line to cheers, posters, well wishers. I was fun! So I got a bit excited about crossing finish lines, giving me something to work towards.

Michael is having his first official birthday party this year. Invites have been sent and the location booked. I just need to do everything else.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woooo! You go girl! You've inspired me to go out for a run myself!

-Meta

Willie Baronet said...

So happy to hear you are running!! And did you realize that you posted this on my birthday??? xoxo

Tiffany said...

Yeah!!! No more bottles, good for you. I need to follow with Jack now! I keep forgetting to ask you about the potty training, how is it going?