We had a nice Christmas, spending the holiday win NYC with John's side of the family. Traveling with a 2 and 5 year old is not easy, but we managed to make the flight, get our luggage, and adjust to East coast time. The fist day we a bit hard, due to the time change. I think everyone was grumpy. I know i was. It was a rough day.... but we had a lovely night, going over to John's parents for dinner, where my children magically turned into angels.
Here are a few pictures from the first day. The are from Riverside Park and the grandparents.



Needless to say, there was alot of eating on this trip.... all good, I might add. So thankful that we walked everywhere. It was also chilly, especially compared to Southern California. Such a nice change for us. Bundling up in coats with mittens, stopping to get cocoa. Such fun, since it is just not the norm for us.
Michael and Henry loved spending time with the family. I am not sure who he wanted to spend more time with... he was thrilled to be with everyone. It was really nice to see. I miss not having family closer to us. We get a hint of what life might be like if we lived closer.
Here are a few more, sort of random pictures from our visit. The eating pictures are from one of our favorite breakfast spots on the West side called SaraBeth's. Everyone ate, which was initially a problem for us on this trip. A few more shots are of Michael and his cousins putting a puzzle he received from his Granny, together. And finally, there is the cocoa, coffee stop for us. It was chilly... need I say more.




The flight back was so long... I mean 6 hours on a plane with 2 kids.... john and I were not seated together, and the movie projector was broken. Painfully long. I should not complain, because the boys both fell asleep right as the plane took off, and slept for 3 hours. But still, it was looooooooong.
We were happy to be home, in our own bed. Waiting for the luggage was again, a long wait. But John kept the boys entretained by carting them around on this.

Santa had visited out house, of course, so we came home, to open presents and see what surprises were in the stockings. The boys were thrilled that Santa had not forgotten them, which I had assured them would not happen.
Our new years was nice. We met friends out to dinner, whose son happens to be Michael' best friend from school. The boys ate, then ran around outside for a good hour. We were home by 8 pm. and the house was asleep by 10 pm. I do not think I have seen a new year actually happen in years.
Hoping 2009 is a good year for everyone!

3 comments:
I like the new look of your blog with the 2009!! very cute. NYC looks reslly fun, great pictures.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...
And please pass the sausage.
Post a Comment