Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Never Enough Time

The day goes by so fast. It is over in a blink. I can say the same about a week or a month. I always seem to be playing catch up here. Such is life.

Our big news is that Michael tested for Rolling Hill Country Day School here on Feb 7th. We were told we could call in the following week to see if he was accepted, which is something that was very helpful with not having to pay multiple deposits. I called 4 days later, and Michael will be getting an acceptance letter the end of March. The older grades will need to wait for the letter, but for what ever reason, the Kindergarten grade could call in early. So we are very happy about this news. And Michael is thrilled. He just seems to love this school. We have made several visits to tour the campus, meet the teachers. it s a very good fit for him.

The boys started t-ball 2 weeks ago. So far, t-ball seems to be a better sport for both boys. Henry is still more athletic, or more into team sports. But Michael can play well when he wants too. He can swing right or left handed and hits far. But, he just does not want to be part of the team, whereas Henry is all about the team. I have a few picts to show with both boys learn to hit, run bases and throw and catch.

Here are 2 pictures, one of Henry throwing a ball, and the other of Michael hitting the ball.




Michael is officially an artist. He told me that when he grows up, heis going to me an artist. He loves to draw and create. Mixed media is a love right now. And birds are a theme. When he was barely 2 years old, he did a Whale Series, followed by a Bee Series. After completing each drawing, he would exclaim, "BEAUTIFUL", and toss the drawing to the side and start a new one. I love those series. We have them somewhere, and want to create a book out of them. Michael has always responded to all the Pixar films. As a family, we love them. Something in Michael understands that these films are just quality. John has all the Pixar books, and Michael has now looked at all of them, asking so many questions, my head hurts, in a good way. I do not know what Michael will do in the future, but I will not be surprised at all if it is something in the arts.

Here is an early pigeon picture. He has gotten alot better with his birds, and is drawing many on a wire kissing each other. The are awesome drawings.



Henry does not like to draw like Michael did at 2 years old. He copies much of what Michael does, which is to be expected. But he is a different boy all together. First of all, Henry is a team player, where as Michael is an independent. Henry also is the biggest ham, grinning for a camera or anyone who will pay attention to him. The boys pediatrician calls Henry the politician, because he is so pleasant and always as a smile. Michael.... when he smiles at you it is golden, but you sort of have to earn that smile.

As for me, I am still running. No more than 3 miles a few times a week. 2 miles is my preferred distance. And I started tennis again, last week. I was a bit sore after the first lesson, using muscles I and forgotten I had. But the class was really fun and the other women were very nice.

I feel the need to mention that I am attempting another 5K in a few weeks. My first 5K was not so good for a number of reasons. I finished it, but not the way I had hoped. We live and learn. I ran with good friends who were so supportive... so I hope to return the favor by having a better run this time around!

Here are just a few other random pictures of the boys before and after t-ball. Enjoy!




1 comment:

Willie Baronet said...

what gorgeous kids you have!