Saturday, May 16, 2009

Our Trip to Dallas

We packed our bags and headed to Dallas a few weeks ago, to celebrate my parents 50th wedding anniversary.

It was a nice, low-key gathering. My sister and husband drove it, and my dad's brothers and their wives joined in for the big day.

My mom was ready to see her grandsons. Lots of toys and goodies awaited them at the house.

We spent 4 days, and 3 nights there, so there was little time to do much. We did make it to NorthPark, where much retail therapy occurred. The boys had fun on these over-sized planted, running up, then sliding down. i did this as a kids, and now my boys are doing it. I think ever kids in Dallas as played on those planters. They got a lot of run around time, and the green lawn, which is fantastic. It sits in the middle of all the stores. My sister grabbed a coffee for me, and we sat on one of the porches, while the boys ran and ran and ran. I love that mall.

Our trip back home was filled with very naughty behavior. Henry was a real hand full. He was loud and aggressive a good part of the trip. I am fairly sure the people in front of us where ready to get away. At one point, they covered their ears, and they glared back. I was doing everything in my power to quite the beast.

Here are a few pictures from the visit.







1 comment:

Meta said...

I used to climb up those same plant bases (planters? ramps?) when I was a kid. I miss NorthPark! Was Jonathan Borofsky's Chattering Man sculpture still there?