Thursday, June 12, 2008

Girls and Things That Are Green

Have you ever heard Michael say the word, girl?

It sounds like Goil, when he says it. It is truly funny.

When Michael turned 3 years old, I noticed a divide in who he played with , sat with, talked too. He started playing with, and I quote, "just the boys".

On our drive home from school, I always ask what he did at school that day, and more specific, who he had lunch with. Michael like this question. Typically, he answered, "4 person table, just the boys" and he would name the boys. The table would change, but the boy part would stay the same. The past 2 weeks, Michael has been giggling and saying loudly, "I sat with goils at the rainbow table". He still eats with the boys, but he seems to be liking the girls again. It is just so funny.

So tonight at dinner, I asked which girls he likes to sit with at lunch. He really thought hard about his question. I was not sure he understood me at first, but he answered with "Remy Stromberg". Then he thought some more, and said, "No. I like Katie Mitchell now". Then he went on to say that he also really like his friend Maddie. I love both Maddie and Katie, so Michael gets 2 thumbs up or selecting really nice girls!!!

On to things that are green.

I took Michael with my to the market last weekend. We were in the produce section of this tiny market I go to, and Michael points to the green beans and say, "I like those". One of the woman that works at the market offers him a bean, and much to my surprise, he eats it. The woman then offers him a sugar snap pea and he eats it. Michael then tells me to buy celery. I ask him if he has ever had celery, and he tells me he has. I really do not care for celery, so it is just not around the house. But I buy it for him, and guess what.... he eats it that night!

I am impressed at what Michael is eating these days. Much more than I ever did as a child.

Sorry for the typo's. I am beyond tired.

2 comments:

Willie Baronet said...

You silly goil. ;-)

Willie Baronet said...

Thanks for your msg to Paul. xoxo