Michael is between sessions at school, and has been home all week. We have had fun!
Friday (last week)--We went to the Lomita Train Museum with friends. It is a rather small museum, but has a nice general store. The trains, all of 2, are the real thing, and Michael and friends went crazy for them. It was true love. Henry was just has happy about these 2 trains, so it was a good trip to make, even though it was highway robbery to get in.
Monday (this week)--We spent an afternoon at the beach with other friends. We met at our favorite beach spot called Martha's, had a bite of lunch, then headed for the beach, which is just outside the diner. Everyone played well, and it was a fun time. We saw a few school friends and their mom's. Great minds think alike.... I think everyone was at the beach that day!
Tuesday--This day was more of a catch up day. We went to the post office and then to the market, where Michael selected some sugar snap pea's for dinner. He was pretty darn excited about doing this, and I was happy he wanted to eat them. He also got to pick out one truffle for the chocolate counter. This one thing is the reason Michael was grinning ear to ear at the store. I told him he could have 1 chocolate. And that there were going to be alot to choose from. When he saw the window full of chocolate, he could hardly contain himself.
Wednesday--We met friends at a new park for a brief playdate, then we went out to lunch at Big Boy's. After Henry nap, we went over to a friends house for a late play date, then home.
Thursday--We went to the Botanical Gardens, or as Michael says, Garden Park today. Michael was not too sure about this outing, since it did not have any swings, slides, etc. But it turned out fine and fun. I should mention that we almost did not get in, because I was cashless, and the Gardens do not except credit. So a quick cell call to our friends, and we were given cash to get in. Thank you Sarah!! (not me, my friend. Michael was a big bossy, and was asking for water. I had no water with me.... not good. Again, my friend Sarah came to the rescue, and after getting Michael some water, he really enjoyed himself. He saw alots of critters, and was curious about all the different plants. We will be going back for sure. We only saw about half the gardens.
Tomorrow (Friday), John is hoping to take Michael and maybe Henry to see WALL-E, the new Pixar film. Michael is very excited about this movie. He spots all the posters, knows the story, and just talks non-stop about it. As of now, he wants to be WALL-E for Halloween.
We will have a busy weekend, with a good-bye beach party for Michael best friend Ryan, who is moving to Austin, then we are going to the Eco-Staion to see endangered animals in Culver City.
On a sad, but hopeful note, a former co-worker in Dallas was riding his bike on June 11th and was hit from behind by a truck. He is in a coma. He is Johns age, and has a 4 year old son. His wife is lovely. I have not seen Paul since I moved to L.A., but he is one of the coolest, creative dudes out there, and the design community in Dallas is coming together to help the family get through this difficult time. My former boss and friend started a blog to keep everyone up to date with how he is doing. I am thankful for this site, as I would be wondering how he was doing and would not know who to contact. A big thanks to Willie for be so thoughtful and creating this blog. For all those that are interested in this wonderful friend, here is the blog: http://getwellsoonpaul.blogspot.com/ Paul is a real character... lots of people are pulling for him to wake up.
So lets me careful out there everyone and be sure to let who ever is important in your life know you care.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I've missed so much on your blog - getting caught up now. Glad I could help out on Thursday :) I can't wait to hear the reviews of Wall-E; we're hoping to catch it next weekend.
Post a Comment