Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Surgery... CHECK!

It is done.

I went in early this morning. A friend drove me to the hospital, so John could get the boys up, fed and to school. Many thanks to Tiffany for offering to take me!!! It was so helpful!

All went well. The surgery was just cool. Since it was arthroscopy, the surgeon needed to use a screen to see what he was doing, so I had this great view. It was like watching a NOVA special on PBS. I was feeling no pain, since they gave me a local, plus a little morphine. Good stuff, that morphine is.

But moving on, the surgery took about an hour. I was moved to recovery and was up and ready to go a half an hour later. They gave me a not so lovely cane to use. Michael and his friend, Maddie are all ready to decorate it. So far, I do not seem to need the cane, but I think that is because said morphine is floating around in my system.

So I am resting and relieved to have this surgery over with.

Next... training for a 5K!

In other news, the boys are back to school.

Henry started Monday. Lets just say, Henry is transitioning. He is pretty aggressive and having a hard time not being naughty and laughing at his teachers when being told to not escape from the room, slam doors, etc. He is also wrestling with some of the other kids. Problem isis that these kids have no interest in wrestling with him. Henry is also refusing to eat anything all day long.... so the child is starving when I pick him up from school. Ugh. He will get it, but this learning curb is tough.

Michael started swim lessons yesterday. Michael is over so very excited about swimming. Henry and I watched is first lesson yesterday and it was completely hearth-warming. He was eager to swim, kick, jump, go under the water. But the high-light of the lesson was when they were to float. Now, Michael has been practice floating in the bath tub for months. So he was maybe the most excited about floating. When the teacher called him over, he quickly went out, turned over, and was ready... his teacher moved her hands away, hovering under him, but not touching him. This HUGH smile appears on his sweet face, then he shoots his hand up in the air and gives me a 2 thumbs up. The entire crowd cheered for him. He was so proud. I can not describe how sweet that moment was. Of course, my camera was in the car.

John is off to pick up Hank, and watch Michael swim. I am hoping to get some pictures to post.

Stay tuned!!

2 comments:

Willie Baronet said...

So glad to hear the surgery went well! Blessings for a quick recovery. :-)

Mim said...

Found your blog thru the cool dude Rramone, and since i just had leg surgery I can relate to the recovery period. Good luck