Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Long Time, No See.

It has been over a month since I posted something on this blog. So I have some catching up to do.

Before I go into all that has happened since my knee surgery, I want to say that the new picture in the header of the blog is a place holder. It is not a great picture. So check back soon for a better one.

My last post gave a very sunny picture of my surgery. IT did go well, but what I did not realize was that my entire knee was filled with heavy duty painkillers. So I DID feel really great the day of surgery, and even pretty good the next day. By day 3 after surgery, I was pretty sore and could hardly walk. I used the handicap wheelchair at Target and Whole Foods. It was not a pretty picture. But each week got better, thanks to physical therapy, and the desire to just get back to normal. I am almost 6 weeks post surgery, and I am walking pretty good. My leg is almost straight. I have a hint of a limp, but things are really good. The best thing is that I am pain free. So all the early discomfort was worth it.

Henry started Montessori School the day before I had surgery. He had a bit of a rough start. I was a bit concerned he would not make it, but he has settled down and is doing fine now. He has made friends, and seems to be has popular has his big brother. This morning at his drop off, he walks into the class, and a group of his peers turn around and said, "Henry Pucci is here! Look! Henry is here". Henry is counting to 20, knows his ABC's, sings a few songs by heart, and is learning Spanish. He was taking tennis, but was asked to leave, until he is a bit older, since he was not interested in the lessoning portion of the class. We will give him another few months, and start him up again. He has a great swing, but needs to gain so maturity. Here is a picture of Henry in the play area at school.



Michael has had a rally fun Summer. He has taken swimming and is really done well. He is learning to swim on his own, is going underwater to retrive rings, and loves to be thrown very high in the air, something the school calls popcorn. Here are a few pictures of swim class. The one that Michael is in the air is popcorn.







We have spent alot of time at the beach this Summer. We go with a nice group of friends and it is just a nice time. Each beach visit is a bit different. Sand castle building one visit, then looking for treasure the next. This past visit was about driving big toy trucks into the waves.

Here are a bunch of beach pictures.









Here are a few images for some of Michael latest structures. He calls them machines, although he said these were robot bugs.








Lots of pictures. No fun stories. We have had many fun and silly things happen. i hope to post again, with more info on what is happening here. So forgive the lack of info, but enjoy the pictures!

(Forgive the many, many typo's)

1 comment:

Willie Baronet said...

Glad to hear of your knee progress! Sounds like life is good and lots is going on. Your drawing comment was indeed a compliment. :-)

Miss you and take care of yourself! xoxo