Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Summer is Over

The boys started school today.

All went well. They attended Summer school, which is more like camp, so it was no big deal for them to start. Everyone was all smiles!

But with the month of September, one knows that Fall is around the corner, even here in Southern California. There was a certain smell in the air, letting me know that the mornings were going to get cooler soon, and jackets would be needed. The leaves really do not change here, if fall, but it does get cool, even cold sometimes.

That being said, we have been going to the back alot this Summer. We have a few more weeks of beach weather we think. We also made our park rounds. The boys never grow tired of the beach or parks which is good.

Here are a few pictures from this past week.








In other news, Henry is pretty much binky free. We started only allowing him to have it at night for sleeping. He did great with all this, always taking the binky out and leaving it. He no longer naps with it, so we are working on night time now. Last night, I thought he was going to not have it at all, but he wanted it. I took it when he was asleep, and he did great. Henry is also escaping the crib very quickly and easily. So the cribs days are numbered. Henry showed up in our bedroom about 3 am. I heard this rustling near the bathroom, and got up to find Happy Henry plopped on the floor. He had his Lovey's but no binky. He wanted water. It was very sweet. I am not sure how long he would have just sat there. I can not believe I even heard him!

Michael is loving his bunk bed still. The whole sharing room thing has gone very well. And the playroom is a big hit. I was unsure this would be a good idea, but I am sold now.

Michael is also pre-reading and doing very simple addition. Counting to 100 is something he loves to do. He is also a builder. And he is good! He has a good eye, and enjoys getting lost in creating.

Michael has become terribly shy. He will look away and say nothing if he has never met a person, or has not seen someone is a long time. I am working with him on at least saying hello, but so far, that has been really difficult. He is fine once he gets to know you, and is very chatty.

Henry is completely different. Talks non-stop to anyone who will listen. He is very head-strong as well, hence the nickname, The Bull.

The boys are good buddies and play well together. Henry LOVES Michael and wants do everything he does.

On that note, I am off to get earthquake kits together for the boys school.

No comments: