I admit, the news, over-all is hard to watch, day after day. So much to repair and think about. For this entry, and for practically all my blog entries, I will focus on more of the fun elements of our life. I feel like I am drowning in doom and gloom.
January is almost over. It has been a very busy month!
Here is a list of some of the highlights of the month.
--Henry is 100% potty trained.
--Henry was moved out of his crib, into a bed.
--Henry has 1 binky left... and once it is lost, it will be lost forever.
-- Henry started tennis, and is doing great!!!
--Both boys started soccer class, Michael continuing from last Fall, and Henry starting. Michael is finally understanding the point of the game, so he is having a bit more fun. Henry is very eager to kick the ball.
--Both boys had their parent/teacher conference, and both are doing very well!
--Michael is doing adding and subtracting now, as well as having spelling tests with various 4 letter words, like 'desk'.
--The boys school had a big celebration of the Chinese New Year, where I was part of a dragon. The kids loved it, for the most part. Some kids were scared... not my boys though. They thought it was great!
--Mr. Valentine visited the boys classes. He brings all sort of critters for them to hold, pet and learn about. A friend sent me pictures from Henry's class, that I will post below. I have none, sadly from Michael's class. My boys have no fear of animals. I do not care to EVER have a snake, lizard, etc., in my house. So I am happy Mr. Valentine visits them.
--Last Sunday (Jan. 25th), we got a sitter for Henry and took Michael to the private school he is testing for in a week. It was a time to see the school again, meet other parents, and meet the teachers. We all had a very, very nice time.
--Michael will be testing for this school on February 7th, and will find out if he is accepted mid to late March, which seems like forever.
--My mom turned 70 years old at the beginning of January. She will hate that I mentioned this here, but I think it is great!
--I will run my first 5K race February 1, which is also my sisters birthday.
-- This is random, but Michael asked for a puppy last week. I said no.
--Michael is reading really well! He reads to me every night now!
Here are a few pictures of Henry with various slimy things.

1 comment:
I liked reading everything that is going on!! You did not tell me that Michael was reading, wow!!! That is great, did it just seem to click all of a sudden, or was it a slow process? Still no reading for Madeline, so I am wondering??
I will be thinking of you guys tomorrow at the testing!
Post a Comment