I took Henry to his 2 year well baby/child visit today. We are 6 weeks late, only because the boys doctor was on maternity leave and is finally returned. It was a good visit. It put a few worries to rest for me, too.
The only little hiccup(s) at the appointment was that Henry was not able to get his Hep B vax, because he has a viral rash. He is covered in spots. So we will have to go back in a few months and take care of that. The other hiccup is that Henry might have to go back on Prevacid, due to the number if ear infections he has had since January. If he can stay ear infection free through August, he will not have to go back on the meds. Henry might be experiencing Silent Reflux, which can cause these ongoing ear aches.
Here are his stats:
Weight: 28 pounds even (Michael was 27 pounds 2 ounces at 2 years)
Height: 34.75 inches (Michael 35.5 inches at 2 years)
Head: 50 cm (Michael was 48 cm at 2 years)
So he is doing really well with his eating now. Such a relief for me.
Michael seems to have taken another growth leap. His conversations are more in depth. His comments and observations are more mature. He is full of a million questions. When he is tantruming, he is recovering quicker, with an understanding that this behavior is not welcome.
Michael is funny, and has the great imagination. He loves books. His favorite book right now is The Human Body. Yep, you read that right. It is like I am in High School biology all over again. I thought he would be done with this book after 2 paragraphs. I was sort of hoping this ro be true. We are in the middle of this book now, and he is not bored. I can not say half the words. You just have to laugh. Michael took this book to show and tell last Friday. He asked one of his teacher to read the cell pages. I am sure his peers were thrilled....
Michael continues to love his bike. He stops great now, and likes to show you this by speeding up to you and slamming on the breaks. The skidding part is fun!
Michael is also drawing alot more. I think Henry's love of drawing/painting has influenced some of this. Michael studied Jackson Pollack at school this month. He came home last week and told me all about Pollack, in 4 year old terms. I was pretty surprised. He then proceeded to do a Pollack drawing. I would have never thought a 4 year old would be telling me about Jackson Pollack, one of my favorite artist.
Last but not least, here are a few pictures of the boys at the beach and park. We have been spending more time outdoors. The weather has been really nice, with beautiful sunsets and crashing waves at the ocean.


No comments:
Post a Comment