Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Hello, Hello, Hello!

Um.... hello!

I have no good titles these days.

But I wanted to fill you all in on what everyone is up to at the moment.

John--He started his new role this week, and so far, so good. Time will tell. He is also playing tennis again, and winning his matches!

Me--I started yoga!!! I have never really liked yoga in the past. The places was either too intimidating, lacked any music, too hot, had a schedule that did not work for me. I am not the most limber person either, so I would look around and think to myself, "you are really bad!!!". But I am actually loving this yoga class, and treated myself to a new yoga mat, since I needed one with more padding for my bad knee.

Speaking of my knee. I am going to get a second opinion on it. I know the knee will need surgery, but I just feel like another persons point-of-view is not a bad idea. I was referred to a different place that all the sports figures go to here in L.A. It is closer to where we live as well. I will let you know when that happens and she the results are.

Michael--He is just a weed. Growing up so fast. He seems to have taken another leap. His conversations are just deeper. As deep as can be, he is also a real clown. Not sure being a clown is always a good thing, especially in school. His best friend, Ryan is a year older than him and has 'taught' him a few really 'neat; words and tricks, like pulling his eye lids up... i will stop there. But they are good buddies. Sadly, Ryan his moving to Austin, Texas this Summer, so we have been talking alot about that. Michael is not really getting the idea of moving.

Michael's tennis coach spoke to me yesterday. A bit of tennis background: Michael has been taking tennis from Coach Jeff for 2 years this Summer. When kids start playing tennis at such a young age, they generally do not love it. They do not hate it either. It is what it is. Over time, they start enjoying themselves and tell their parents or drop out. Michael has asked to continue tennis every time I have asked. I have only watched him play 2 times. He was not the greatest those 2 times. But.... he has really started to understand the game more, and is hitting the ball well. His Coach told me that he always had a good over-head volley, but really did not have a good forehand. This Spring, his forehand ground stroke has really improved and he has this great swing with a unique style, that his Coach says he is not correcting, because he hits the ball so well. Anyone that has played tennis with John knows that he has a forehand ground stroke that has a little twist at the end of the swing, giving the ball a fast spin. I have to think Michael's swing is in his genes! His Coach was really proud of him, and I was thrilled to hear how far he has come. We will be starting Henry in tennis this Summer.

Henry--Henry is starting Montessori this Summer. He is very excited about this. He will going to a different teacher than Michael had when he started Montessori. I am bit sad about that, but know the teacher he is going to is great.... and she loves Henry. She used to teach in Michael's class, and has been eyeing Henry all year. Nice to popular!

Henry has been enjoying the beach of late. Beyond the birds, tractors, boats, helicopters, and volleyball courts he just love the ocean. He runs off, much like Michael did at this age, but Henry will come back. We do not have much longer to really enjoy the beach because Summer is quickly approaching and it will get very crowded. I prefer my beaches empty.

No pictures tonight. My camera is recharging and I do not want to enter John's cave of an office right now. It is scary!

1 comment:

Willie Baronet said...

Hey, I started doing yoga again recently too. Loving it. I know you are more limber than me. :-)