Saturday, May 31, 2008

Surgery is Scheduled!

And I am oddly excited.

On July 2nd, I will have my knee repaired. I am first on the list, so I will be at the hospital before the sun comes up.

I got a second opinion from a fairly well-known sports medicine doctor in Santa Monica. He has repaired many well known sports figures. David Beckman is one of his patients. He was the sports medicine doctor for the woman's USA soccer team and headed up UCLA's sports program. I met with him yesterday, and it was clear.... he was my doctor.

I am thankful that I will be awake for the procedure. I was not real happy about being put under.

The surgery takes between 30 to 45 minutes. I will be using a cane the first 5 days. I will be able to drive after day 5. I will not really be allowed to power walk until 6 weeks, but will be able to get around. Of course, I will have pain killers... and physical therapy for about 6 weeks.

I have lived with this painful knee for almost a year. I am ready to have this fixed, so I can get on with my life.

My mom will be coming in to help out. I told Michael Gran was coming to visit, and he said, "Gran!!!! I am soooooooo excited!!!". It was sweet.