Thursday, May 15, 2008

A Bit of This, A Bit of That

Greetings!

Thought I would pop on here and share our Mother's Day, as well as our week. It is never dull here, and rarely quite.

I wish I could say Mother's day was relaxing. It just was not. John was prepping to get on a plane to NYC the next day, and had to do a few things, like get his hair cut and pack before the day got away. I did not get to go to yoga, something that has been really good for me to do. Before leaving for brunch, Michael walks into our room and sees me putting red lipstick on. He starts laughing and says, "Mommy, you look like a clown". This is something I really did not need to hear. The lipstick was removed quickly and a clear gloss applied. Ugh... the honesty of a 4 year old can sting.

Brunch... well, lets just say it was not real fun, although we can laugh about it now. The only good thing about brunch was that it was right next to the airport and the boys could see the airplanes land. This is why we went to this place.... but we had to wait over an hour to be seated, and so by the time we did sit down, the boys were just a mess. We did eat, but it was fast. I do not think John and I said a word to each other, because we were just trying to keep our animals in line. We did walk around outside afterwards to look at the historic planes. The boys did like this part and we got a few pictures.




We got the car washed after leaving brunch. Fun times.

John left the next morning, so we have been on our own all week. Luckily, Michael did not react to bad to John leaving. In the past, there have been lots of tears. This time, Michael was asking more questions, like where daddy was going, who he was going to see, was he at work. It was a welcome change.

On the eating front, and yes, this is big news in our house, Michael tried and LIKED an artichoke. He is my son. I love artichokes, so it was fun to share this food with Michael, and see him discover that not all green foods are icky.

Henry had his first class visit at the Montessori School he will be attending this Summer. Henry was THRILLED to be visiting this class. It is clear he is ready to make this jump to school. He sat right down and started working at a table with other children. I walked over to him and he looked at me, stood up and pushed me away and said, "go away mommy". We had to leave, right as the class we moving into circle time, since we only visit for 20 minutes. Henry thought he was going to circle time, and started yelling, "I go to circle time, I GO TO CIRCLE TIME". He was not happy we were leaving. And he was loud. He just screamed, "I STAY, I STAY"... and as we were going up the stairs outside, he sweetly said, "bye-bye class". We go back for 2 more visits. His teacher, Miss Katie said I should leave the room the next 2 visits and see what happens. She thinks he will be fine and not cry. Ya think?

In other news, our house is totally baby proofed...not. Henry can officially get into any drawer or room. The other day, Henry opened all the doors in the kitchen and started removing everything. I allow a few things to be played with, but not everything. So I am putting away things, and I hear bottles clinking. I turn, and Henry has gotten into the wine cabinet, and has taken everything out, and is banging the bottles together. YIKES! So I am putting all the wine back, and I hear crystal glasses hitting. Henry has opened the doors to cabinet were our nice glass are... Michael never once opened these doors. I do a back flip to get to these glasses before they are all lost... I secure the glasses, and I hear books falling to the ground. You see where this is all going. Nothing is safe in our house any more. Hurricane Henry is a storm that never stops or goes away.

On that note, I am signing off. 

1 comment:

Willie Baronet said...

That is hilarious! Even about the lipstick. You never look like a clown, you silly.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm, artichokes....