Wednesday, February 6, 2008

I'm Still Limping

As many of you know, I have been limping since August.

I did something to my knee on a return trip home from NYC in August. I thought it would get better. It never did. I made an appointment with a Sports Injury doctor that I had to cancel, due to the fact that our entire house had the stomach bug. So in the new year, I made another appointment, and finally went this morning. I had an xray done, which shows no broken bone... as expected.

Apparently, this is an annoying little step you must do for insurance reasons. So now I am waiting for the insurance company to approve a MRI. Once that is done, I wait another week, make another appointment to see the doctor... so I am assuming I will have some sort of answer to this little limping, pain probem by, maybe.... August???

Michael was funny today. Everyday after school, he asks, "what did you do today?". I told him about my day. He was curious about my visit to the doctor. At the end of our discussion, he asks if I got a lollipop. He asked so seriously! I just laughed... I could not help it, because to him, you ALWAYS get a lollipop after you see a doctor.

I went to Michaels Parent/Teacher conference this past Monday. Like last years report, Michael is doing great. He saves every bit of bad behavior, every tantrum, every bit if sassiness for me, because he is a star at school. Loves to learn and is liked by everyone, works well alone or in groups. Just perfect. If you have ever witnessed one of Michael's tantrums, you will know what I am talking about.

I did have a good laugh. His teacher was gushing over him, then she said, "do not take this the wrong way, but Michael is really stubborn... he has a really hard head!". I just laughed, because I know this all too well. She said that it is a great trait after you get through these early years, in that Michael will not be swayed by peer preasure like many kids. I hope that is the case.

Henry is doing well, and is such a bull. He is tough. And it is clear he is going to be into sports. He throws a ball like a pro. And seems drawn to balls, bats, nets, rackets. I am going to have to start taking him to the park just to throw a ball with him. And the child talks alot. Understands everything. He is extremely verbal, and is way ahead of his peers verbally, or at least that is what my ped. says. People just can not beleive what he says and understands. It is fun, since Michael refused to say much of anything until close to 3 years old.... another side of this stubborness.

On that note, I will limp off and get dinner ready for my boys.

1 comment:

Sarah McCanless said...

Charlie has recently started asking every day what I did while he was at school, too! I guess it's just something they start thinking about at this age. I'm always careful to make it sound as boring as possible; one time I mentioned having gone to the library and he burst into tears.