That is what I have. A Medial Meniscus Tear in my right knee.
Here is a link for more info: http://www.arthroscopy.com/sp05005.htm
Just back from viewing my MRI, which I had done over a week ago.
The only way to correct this is surgery, which does not thrill me. It will never heal on its own.
If I do not have surgery, I will be very limited in what I can do. I will never play tennis, or ski, and long walks will need to be cut short.
I will get a second opinion. But honestly, I have done enough research to see that this is the only option. I am seeing a great group of sports doctors. So I have confidence in that at least.
In other news, it is Spring in California, or it is this week. Very warm and sunny. Such a difference from the other parts of the country that are having such heavy snow fall.
The boys are well, and active. Michael has developed such a funny sense of humor and imagination. He is making up stories to tell me at night, and changing the words of songs we all know and love to his own unique version. Much of the time, these songs include eyeballs (rolling eyes). He thinks eye balls are so funny.
Henry can open all the baby proofing drawers and doors. He can get out of any room at this point. We have full conversations now. He understand and says everything. He also wants to do everything that Michael is doing. He LOVES Michael.
That's all for now. I am off to google Meniscus Tears.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Argh! What IS it with the eyeballs? Sometimes by bedtime I think if I hear that word one more time I'm going to punch someone. And I know Charlie didn't get it from Michael (or vice versa) because they hadn't seen each other... I am praying this phase passes quickly. There's nothing more irritating than he does over and over and over again that isn't *quite* against the rules...
If you decide to have surgery on your knee, I'll be more than happy to help with the boys any way I can.
Go for the surgery!! You'll want to ski and play tennis again. If you need any help I can bring you ice packs and help with the boys!
Sorry to hear about the knee! What a drag. I had shoulder surgery about 2 yrs ago and am very glad I did. The rehab wasn't the most fun in the world but worth it in the end. :-)
Post a Comment